What if I'm not flexible?
- This is the most common misconception that prevents people from coming to a yoga class. Yoga is not about how flexible you are, but about strengthening your body and spine in all directions. All that matters is that you try the right way, go to your personal "edge" and you will get 100% of the benefit!
Why the heated room?
- The room is intentionally heated to warm your muscles and allow you to work deeper and safer. The heat also heals, helps prevent injuries and promotes sweating which flushes toxins from your body.
Is it a cardiovascular workout and can I lose weight?
- No matter what your level of fitness, you will find Bikram Yoga very challenging. Each posture combines flexibility, strength and balance to work your whole body from your bones to your skin. With persistence, patience and dedication, you can lose inches and develop muscle tone and strength that might never come from other forms of exercise.
What are some of the benefits?
- There are unlimited benefits to Bikram yoga. It reduces stress, increases blood circulation and improves strength and flexibility. Regular practice (at least three times a week) can reduce the symptoms of many chronic diseases (i.e. arthritis, diabetes and thyroid disorders). It also promotes relaxation.
What should I wear to class?
- Women should wear shorts or thin cotton leggings and leotard, jog bra or halter top. Men should wear shorts or bathing trunks (no bikinis). Since the room is heated , you want to wear something that you feel comfortable sweating in.